Research AgronomistFull time
Our purpose is ‘OpenAg’. An agriculture network that feeds sustainable growth for all. No limits, no borders.
To execute research activities at the Station as directed by the Station manager
- Work with the Station manager in order to ensure cost effective execution of research activities at the Station, providing recommendations for the purchase of needed equipment.
- Promote the Station as a Center of Excellence within UPL, maintaining good communication with Global and Regional project leaders.
- Ensure that all activities at the site are compliant with corporate rules and that a safe working environment is maintained.
- Accountable for the effective execution and coordination of all research activities in your area of operations. Ensure that high quality trials are implemented, maintained, assessed and the resulting data reported to stakeholders in a timely and efficient manner.Ensure that technical know-how on products and technologies is maintained internally and effectively transferred to concerned departments.
- Ensure safe and compliant use and storage of all chemical products by maintaining a zero tolerance for any contaminations at and around the site.
- Prepare protocols, discussing and gaining input from stake-holders, reporting and archiving.
- Contribute to screening and development meetings and discussions, in particular in the form of data summaries and technical leadership.
- Stay up-to-date with and working within relevant field methodologies, including, where appropriate, EPPO and country testing guidelines.
- Within your area of operations, stay up-to-date with developments in agricultural best practices and acting as a point of contact for any technical queries.
- Actively participate and contribute to the growth of UPLs Intellectual Property (IP) / patent portfolio.
- Effectively manage the day to day activities of any Research Assistants in your area of operations, and support the Station manager in ensuring that an excellent work environment is maintained.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least 7-10 years’ experience in identical or comparable role
- M.Sc./Ph.D. Agriculture with specialization in Agricultural sciences
- Agronomist or similar
- English (CEFR B2, equivalent or higher)
- Use and application of ARM software packages, including at least ARM and ARM ST.
- Excellent organisation and computer skills (MS Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word).”
Strong capability in focusing on tasks and results to achieving goals, solving problems, maintaining productivity, and making fast decisions by using a critical thinking approach.
ORGANIZATION/PROJECT MANGEMENT – Plan and schedule work according to changing priorities; designs and maintains effective systems and processes for managing work.
CULTIVATES INNOVATION – Thinks creatively and implements solutions for everyday problems; Strives to continually improve own processes and areas of business; Puts forward proposals and develops strategic implementation plans to introduce new and improved ways of operating.
RESOURCEFULNESS – Identifying, Securing & Deploying resources effectively & efficiently (People, funds, infrastructure) to accomplish a goal.
Role Regional Sales Manager (B2C)
Industry Type Fertilizers / Pesticides / Agro chemicals
Functional Area Sales & Business Development
Employment Type Full Time, Permanent
Role Category Retail & B2C Sales
UG :Any Graduate
PG :MS/M.Sc(Science) in Agriculture
Doctorate :Ph.D/Doctorate in Agriculture