Finance and Administrative AssistantFull time
The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT, is a not-for-profit research and training organization with partners in over 100 countries, focused on increasing food security and reducing poverty on an international scale. Please refer to our website for more information www.cimmyt.org
We are seeking a dynamic and self-motivated professional with excellent organizational and people skills for the position of Finance & Admin Assistant.
The position will be based in Karnal, India.
The main responsibilities of this position will be:
- Maintain day-to-day accounts of the organization.
- Maintain the vouchers and related documents like records for cash, receipts, and payments.
- Timely updating of accounting records i.e. Bank accounting, processing journal entries, GL farm account reconciliations.
- Ensure timely payment to vendors, staff advances, and claims.
- Maintain book of accounts in accounting software.
- Prepare Bank Reconciliation Statements and other reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Process payments in compliance with established procedures, and systems, and follow applicable regulation, including but not limited to IT Act, PF, GST, labor Act, etc.
- Timely closing of farm books and submission of closing documents to HQ.
- Execute month-end checklist and controls.
- Guide farm staff members on the procedures to be adhered to as per the finance policy.
- Handling and updating of monthly cash book.
- Process payments, reconciliations, and financial reporting while strictly adhering to CIMMYT’s internal control protocols, and seeking approvals as required.
- Attend and support inter internal and external audits requirements. Where required, implement audit recommendations at farms.
- Liaisoning with the local bank & other authorities.
- Prepare monthly cash flow review, anticipate and submit funding requests to CIMMYT Delhi Office.
- To provide inputs for asset register as and when required.
- Monthly review of logbooks for vehicles.
- Prepare and review the quotes and comparative statements before sending the same to HQ for issuance of Purchase Order.
- Prepare and review the Labor records/ other supporting documents before sending the same to HQ for processing the payments.
- Support the Karnal hub team for day-to-day admin and logistic work for different projects including need-based support for events organized in the field
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the supervisor.
We are seeking candidates with the following qualification, skills, and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Commerce/ business management with 3 years of experience in NGO accounting.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team and sound communication skills to effectively communicate within and outside the organization to collect and consolidate relevant financial data.
- Knowledge of general financial policies, procedures, vendor management, and compliance.
- Well-versed with Quick Books, MS Office packages, and other related software packages.
- Flexibility and willingness to work on a range of tasks.
- Ability to learn quickly and flexibility to adapt to changing needs.
- Knowledge of Income Tax and other compliance is added advantage.
- Ability to work independently has a sense of responsibility and initiative, and organizes and prioritizes work.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Teamwork, Creative Thinking, and Communication.